My equipment for the Mercury transit was my standard portable solar observing setup. I set this up outside my observatory in order to insure that I would not be blocked by the observatory walls at sunrise.
- Borg 100ED refractor
- Thousand Oaks glass (broadband) solar filter
- Nikon D600 with 2x teleconverter
- Losmandy GM8 equatorial mount (stepper motor drive version)
- Hutech Hinode solar autoguider
- 12V 18AH gel-cell battery
- My home-made "all natural" carbon fiber tripod* :)
* The tripod is cut from a 2x4, sized with segments designed to go in a medium-sized suitcase, and cheap enough to be discarded on airline trips with high baggage fees.