SCKF Shinkyu Shinsa, 10/16/16
- See SCKF
for details about the promotional examination, including:
The page also includes information for shinsa officials (examiners and
- Review the
Norwalk promotion page
for more details about the skills and qualities required for
- Norwalk participants, including participant number and
83 Moody, Anthony 4
100 Kim, Ryan Jun 3
106 Cho, Daniel 3
108 Cho, Ryan 3
168 Tseng, George 1
196 Yoon, Brian 4D
- Be sure to come to practice every Monday and Friday until the shinsa.
- For shinsa day:
- Plan to arrive at
by 8:45am for sign in
so you have plenty of time to change, get your tare, and register.
Sign in closes at 9:30am.
No late applicants will be allowed.
If you get to the sign in table one minute late, you will not be
able to participate, plus you will have to pay a $20 fine!
- For those trying for 1kyu and all yudansha
turn in your completed written test at sign in.
Be sure to include your name, participant number, requested rank,
- Wear your nicest keikogi, hakama, and tenugui
- make sure they are washed and pressed
- remove your Norwalk patch, otherwise it and any other
markings will need to be covered with tape (shinsa personnel
will apply special tape during sign in)
- make sure your men, do, and kote himo are trimmed
to the right length, and are not frayed or broken
- check each other to make sure everyone is neatly dressed
- At shinsa sign in time a label will be put on the
center flap of your tare with your participant number.
You must be dressed in keikogi and hakama and bring your tare
to receive your label.
Remove your nafuda (name tag) for the shinsa.
- Application fee varies by requested rank:
youth kyu $20, adult kyu $20, 1dan $30, 2dan $40, 3dan $45, 4dan $50.
Make check payable to Southeast Japanese School;
the dojo will write one check to pay the federation for shinsa fees.
- If you pass the exam, you must pay for a menjo (rank certificate)
in order for your rank to be officially recorded.
vary by rank:
youth kyu $10, adult kyu $20, 1dan $30, 2dan $40, 3dan $60, 4dan $80.
Note: all menjo are in English; AUSKF no longer offers Japanese menjo.
Make check payable to Southeast Japanese School; the dojo will write one
check to pay the federation for the menjo.