Sunday 10/19/08, 9am
Wilson Park, Torrance
- sign-up cover letter
sent to each dojo (PDF)
- a roster for each dojo was also sent. On this roster,
ineligility (indicated by "x") was determined by rank, rank date,
and age. If any of this information is missing for your kenshi,
ineligibility is automatic. Please provide any missing information
to restore eligibility. For ranks received outside SCKF, a menjo
must be provided.
- forms are due 9/30
- forms must include rank, birthdate, height, and weight for each
- head instructors: please review
guidelines for requesting ranks on the
SCKF guidelines for promotion
- See the SCKF reference page
for a link to the study guide for promotional examination (AUSKF).
This is a good reference for participants, examiners, and instructors.
The written examination questions are taken from it.
- written tests must be
completed by those requesting 1kyu and above (PDF).
The tests must be turned in at sign-in time. Be sure to write
your name and participant number on your test.
- tentative schedule (pdf)
- see bottom of page for list
of examiners, coordinators, tachiai, etc
- 7:30am set up
toban dojos: CHUO, JCI, OCB, STYO, TOR, YKJ
(see toban list and
court set up)
- 7:30am coordinators meeting
- All participants should plan to arrive by 8am.
- Sign-in closes at 8:30am,
no late participants allowed!
- Those testing for 1kyu and above must turn in completed
Be sure to write your name and participant number on your test.
- 8:15am examiners meeting
- 9:00am start shinsa
- All participants line up in rows in your respective courts
facing the examiner tables for opening rei.
- applicants requesting youth 6 kyu, youth 5 kyu, or adult 4 kyu
are awarded their rank automatically based on the head
instructor's recommendation, and do not need to attend the shinsa.
Note: these kenshi must be practicing kendo in full bogu.
- blank form for non-SCKF participants (PDF)
Note: you will need the approval and signature of your regional
federation. Please also be sure to get approval from your dojo head
instructor and the SCKF president
(see officer list
for contact information).
- Wilson Park map and directions
Note:"PDF" files require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it, you can
download a free copy from
SCKF home page