AUSKF Board Meeting and Kodansha Shinsa
Sat-Sun, 11/12-13/16, Palisades Park NJ
- AUSKF Board meeting, Sat-Sun 11/12-13
- selected notes from the meeting (pending official AUSKF announcement)
- 12/3/16: SCKF BoD meeting; action item: how to obtain
AUSKF financial reports
"New Membership Management System"
news item posted to the AUSKF news area
(includes announcement of new membership fees, but accidentally
leaves off the new initiation fee)
"AUSKF Newsletter Volume 19 No. 1"
news item posted to the AUSKF news area (includes meeting notes)
- 1/14/17: SCKF BoD meeting; action item: draft letter
to AUSKF to request financial reports
(see "AUSKF bylaws"
Article XIII, pg 18-19 (inspection rights of members)
and express new membership system concerns
"Updated Promotion Exam Fees"
news item posted to the AUSKF news area;
also fix typos in 6dan/7dan menjo fees above
- 2/1/17: "New AUSKF Membership Website Security Concerns" email thread posted
- 2/4/17: SCKF BoD meeting; approve AUSKF request letter
request letter emailed to
AUSKF BoD. Also add some clarifying verbiage at the top of this
page on the new membership system ("individuals go online", etc).
- 2/9/17: response received from
AUSKF (no action until they discuss at 4/8-9/17 meeting)
"New Membership Management System Test"
news item posted to the AUSKF news area (trial window 2/14-19)
2nd letter emailed to
AUSKF announcing intention to use "old way" (spreadsheet and
check) for March membership
- 2/25/17: created 2017 dues page, SCKF 2017 spreadsheets (with added student and initiation fee
columns) will be due 3/24/17 (vs March meeting)
"Registration Update and Heads-Up"
news item posted to the AUSKF news area (support for collective
- 4/1/17: SCKF BoD meeting; approve AUSKF follow up letter
3rd letter (follow up)
emailed to AUSKF BoD
"AUSKF letter explaining fee changes"
news item posted to the AUSKF news area (instead of the requested
minutes and financial reports)
- 10/10/17: update received from
AUSKF (they consider all issues resolved)
4th letter (response)
emailed to AUSKF BoD
- AUSKF kodansha shinsa, Sun 11/13
- see AUSKF information, including shinsa forms
- for SCKF applicants
- an SCKF external shinsa
application form will also need to be filled out
- applicant section: sign, date, and provide information
to enable the shinsa advisory board to make an approval
- head instructor section: just sign and date
(other information is intended for
requesting ranks 4dan and below outside SCKF)
- deadline for SCKF signature is
- hand in the application package (AUSKF application form,
SCKF form, copy of menjo, written test, and check payable to
All United States Kendo Federation)
at the SCKF fall shinsa
- alternatively, mail the application package to
Jean Kodama so it is received by 10/16, and also send email notification
that the package is on the way
- SCKF will then handle:
- approval by Shinsa Advisory Board (do NOT contact them
- signature by SCKF president
- express mail to AUSKF
- congratulations to the following SCKF sensei for passing their exams!
- 7dan: Brandon Harada (STYO)
- 7dan: Song Choi (TOR)
- Kyoshi: Chris Yang (TOR)
SCKF home page