Norwalk Kendo Dojo Meeting 11/6/06
- Center items: 11/1/06 meeting report
- Federation items: 11/4/06 SCKF meeting report
- Old Business
- New Business
next meetings: 12/8
next enrollment dates: 1/5
Notes (updated 11/10/06)
- Center notes
- 11/1/06 meeting report
- Calendar: kendo has gym 12/15 5pm-12am for Christmas party
- also: 11/11 Glen Yata dance,
11/19 Team USA keiko and party 8am-4pm
- Carnival: kendo paid $800 (33% of net) to Center
- Mailings: please email updated membership list to
Mas Onoda in time for
the Jan newsletters. Send an excel spreadsheet with
separate columns for lastname, firstname, street address,
city, state, zipcode
- CPR training: Sat 12/16, 8am-12pm, $22 each
- 6 from kendo (Fukawa, Kodama, Yoshimura Steve, Masami,
Hannah, Mr Yoon. Pay next meeting.
- annual December general meeting Sun 12/3 12-2pm
- reserved 4 obento for kendo (pay $40 to Tosh Teramoto).
Need volunteers to go!
- graffiti: west side of building, east wall doors, block walls
- other reports: spray painted car, soap in men's bathroom
- 2007 carnival dates: 4th full weekend in July, so next year
7/28-29 (1 week before Nisei Wk taikai, 5 weeks after SCKC)
- Federation notes
- 11/4/06 SCKF meeting report
(see SCKF website for
agenda and more
details on specific items)
- SCKF Shinkyu Shinsa (promotional exam) Sun 10/15
- examiners may address each group with general comments
- heel pads may be considered as part of chakuso
- examiners may take into account an examinee's behavior
before, during, and after they perform kendo and kata
(bad manners of kenshi in 1D group, for example)
- AUSKF Board meeting 11/11-12
- godo geiko 5-6:30pm 11/11 Sho Tokyo Dojo
- kodansha shinsa 1:30pm 11/12 Chuo Dojo
- inactive dojos
- Remnant Dojo and High Desert withdrew from SCKF
- Board conducting mail ballot on Tustin Dojo probation
- Old business notes
- dojo contact list and telephone tree: Rex Hahn
- toban: list of delinquent members
- Christmas party 12/15
- last meeting: suggestion to require a dish or money from
all families even if they don't attend, to encourage attendance.
- party committee?
- New business notes
- gift for Domen Sumi?
- last 2006 keiko Mon 12/18, first 2007 keiko Fri 1/5
- Hawaii trip next summer?