Norwalk Kendo Dojo Meeting 2/9/07
- Center items: 2/7/07 meeting report
- Federation items: 2/3/07 SCKF meeting report
- Old Business
- New Business
next meeting: 3/16
next enrollment date: 3/2
Notes (updated 2/10/07)
- Center notes
- 2/7/06 meeting report
- got bingo changed from Sep 9 to Oct 6 (pending judo's ok)
- Nerio Scholarship applications due 3/23
- looking into surveillance cameras, possibly from
- back door can be locked without a key by reaching in and flipping
a lever (need to find out how)
- Jean Kodama ordered AUSKF insurance certificate for the Center
- kendo fundraising probably ok (bring specific request to Board)
- karate wants to install two 72"x100" mirrors in judo dojo.
Perhaps sliding doors or other covering would provide more safety.
- Federation notes
- 2/3/07 SCKF meeting report
(see SCKF website for
agenda and more
details on specific items)
- preliminary promotion guidelines
have been posted, so far outlines beginner "promotions" for
wearing keikogi and hakama, bogu (do, tare, kote), and men.
Still need to get another round of ok's from senseis.
- Hawaii trip
- 8 people signed up: M/M Fukawa, J Kodama, S Yoshimura, Y Kariya,
S Domen, M/M Henderson
- only 2 tickets awailable for the 9am flight @$367, other fares
went up to $445. 4 will use this flight from LAX, 4 will leave
7:30am from Ontario @367.
- others wanted to go but could not commit to the trip due to cash
- suggestion to look into fundraising projects
- ideas include car wash, yard sale, selling candy, corporate
program (eg Krispy Kreme)
- suggestion to have a bank account-like program similar to
boy scouts or band groups. Participating students get deposit
points for hours worked at fund raising event or amount sold.
This way students can start saving for future trips and activities,
not just this year's Hawaii trip.
- first event: white elephant sale (new/good items only, not junk).
Submit proposal to Board for next Wed meeting, announce
in Mar Tomodachi (out 3/4 mid-week).
3/10-11 too early, 3/3/17-18 FIK seminar, so request 3/24-25.
Suggestion to do Sat to get Japanese school traffic.
Also need to advertise in Pennysaver. Finalize ideas by Mon.