Norwalk Kendo Dojo Meeting 3/16/07
- Center items: 3/7/07 meeting report
- Federation items: 3/10/07 SCKF meeting report
next meeting: 4/13,
next enrollment date: 5/4
Notes (updated 3/18/07)
- Center notes
- 3/7/06 meeting report
- bingo: Kendo has Oct 6.
Aug bingo is in judo dojo, so dance club asked to switch
- getting stage lights fixed.
$1K down payment
- recognition dinner April 21 6pm.
Nominating Marvin Kobayashi and Mary Jane Mayeda.
Kendo to do kitchen prep 3-6pm.
Taiko would like another group (Wed basketball?) to do cleanup,
since they're performing and buying dinner ($20).
- kendo white elephant sale
- sale area along south wall
- Pennysaver ad 8am-1pm, Tomodachi announcement 7am-1pm
(one hour earlier for Center members)
- recommend put signs around the neighborhood.
Signs inside the Center ok.
- block off parking lot and direct Japanese school traffic
- Center clean up Sun 4/29 9am-12pm
- surveillance cameras: getting installation quotes.
ATS (Katella near Western) suggests 14 cameras.
Please keep doors closed where no one is around
(especially in the back) to be less inviting to walk-in
- Rafu Shimpo articles: due Mar 17 to Linda Kusuda
- gave thank you note to Mr Toyoshiba (via Ellen Oye),
included See's candy certificate and $25 Home Depot gift card
- Federation notes
- 3/10/07 SCKF meeting report
(see SCKF website for
and more details on specific items)
- FIK Shinpan
Seminar this Sat-Sun. Mr Yoshimura volunteered for timekeeping.
Tournament Apr 1 in San Jose
- Norwalk Dojo will host the SCKF shinpan seminar on 5/20/07.
Suggestion to sell lunches for fundraising?
Ask permission at next meeting, need details (menu and prices).
- Permanent AUSKF ID cards were passed out
- Tustin Dojo withdrew from SCKF
- promotion guidelines
have been posted for beginners.
Started checking off kenshi for hakama folding.
Next is shinai maintenance.
- Mrs Tanaka and Mrs Amano visited Mrs Henmi this week to take flowers
and omimai after her operation
- Hawaii trip Thu 8/2 - Thu 8/9
- 8 people signed up in Jan to get the $367 airfare:
M/M Fukawa, J Kodama, S Yoshimura, Y Kariya, S Domen, M/M Henderson.
- Some kenshi are still interested in joining in.
Absolute deadline April 20 (Fri after taxes due).
Current airfares are $470 (same ATA flight), $447 AA.
- Keiko Sat Kaifukan (Kailua), Sun HKF Honbu (Kaimuki), Mon Maui,
Wed Kenshikan (Honolulu)
Paperweights (ship ahead via priority mail flat rate box $8.10).
- Candy sale underway.
Each kenshi to sell at least one box of candy, $6 to dojo and
$6 to kenshi account. Deadline is end of March.
- kenshi accounts:
participating students get deposit
points for hours worked at fund raising event or amount sold.
Can go toward fees, equipment, trips and activities.
- White elephant rummage sale
Sat 3/24 7am-1pm (set up 6am, clean up 2pm)
Approved by Center Board 2/14.
Yoshijiro Kariya will check if permit needed.
Kenshi account thoughts: 3 hour shifts (2, maybe 3, shifts
possible on Sat (6am on) with split of 50% of proceeds
(other 50% to dojo), or some split also based on donations
and sales? Parents to discuss.
Need several guys to help putting up tents Sat am.