Norwalk Dojo 50th Anniversary
On Sunday, November 8, 2015, Norwalk Kendo Dojo will host a special
event to commemorate our 50th anniversary.
We hope this will be a fun and interesting event for everyone!
The celebration will include "old skool" kachinuki sen (winner remain)
matches, which is how tournaments were conducted when Norwalk Dojo was
founded back in the 1960's.
The tournament will start at noon and end by 4pm.
We will also be hosting dinner at the dojo from approximately
5:30 to 8pm.
Each SCKF dojo has been sent an application form, which is due 9/30/15.
The format of the tournament is as follows:
- kachinuki sen divisions for 4dan and below
- youth kyu
- adult kyu
- 1dan to 4dan
- ko-haku exhibition matches for 5dan and above
- all participants will fight at least twice
- all 4dan and above sensei are requested to be shinpan
We are also reaching out to former members, family, and friends,
to make this a reunion of the past 50 years.
For more information, please see the
FAQs (frequently asked questions) page,
which answers questions such as:
- When and where will the celebration be held?
- Who is invited?
- How do I sign up?
- and more
You are cordially invited to come out, have some fun, and help us
Special notes for those volunteering for shinpan and court duty:
- First of all, thank you very, very much!
- Please see the following files
- Recommended attire: keikogi and hakama for shinpan and court
duty (if you have them)
- We will be taking group photos at the end of the day