SCKO Team Tournament
5/17/15, Huntington Beach
- application form (xlsx)
Dear Kendo Friends:
The Southern California Kendo Organization (SCKO) will be hosting the 19th
Memorial Day Kendo Tournament on Sunday, May 17th, 2015, at Marina High School
in Huntington Beach, California. Please accept this letter as an invitation
to our annual team tournament. Please note- we have made a few changes from
last year as follows:
- Teams are free to develop a creative team name. Please refrain from using
inappropriate or discriminatory names.
- Tournament will be in a round-robin format prior to entering single
For each team, please assign a HEAD CONTACT PERSON who is over the age of 18.
As usual, regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo
Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
We look forward to a competitive tournament and hope to see you there!
(the following was included with the announcement email)
- tournament information
- Date: Sunday, May 17th, 2015
- Place: Marina High School
15871 Springdale Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- Roll Call: On the tournament date, registration will take place
from 8:00a to 8:30 am (PST).
- Eligibility: Valid AUSKF Member
- Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (three kenshi per team) with the following divisions:
12 years and under Division
13-15 years-old Division
16-18 years-old Division
Adult Kyu Division (19 years old and up) Division
40 years and Over / 4 Dan and below
- Tournament Fees: (non-refundable)
18 years and under $15.00
19 years and up $20.00
Bento (Lunch box): $8.00
Note: Bento will be provided for Shinpan at no charge.
- Tournament Deadline: Friday, May 1st, 2015 (Applications must be emailed
and tournament fees postmarked by this date)
Please email the application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send the tournament fee by check payable to "SCKO" to the following
Yuma Kato, 3015 Oakwood Lane, Torrance CA 90505
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
- competition information
- Each team consists of three members. Team members may consist of
individuals from the same or different dojos or regions. In the case where
members are required, please notify the competition committee ASAP for best
- Teams are free to create a team name. This name will remain unchanged once
submitted on the entry form. Inappropriate or discriminatory names or slogans
are prohibited and will be changed immediately.
- A HEAD CONTACT PERSON over the age of 18 should be assigned to each team.
Please provide a contact number or e-mail on the application form.
- Regulations of the matches will follow "The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and
Shinpan" set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- Tsuki waza is authorized for YUDANSHA DIVISION only.
- Division Ranks as of May 1, 2015
- Age as of May 17th, 2015
- Each person can only participate in one division and is responsible for
bringing their own
ME-JIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
- In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany
youth division teams at all times.
- It will be an automatic loss by default if one is not present at the time
of the match. There will be no exceptions for those who have already been
declared a loss by default.
- Team members cannot be modified after the tournament deadline date.
However, if unforeseen situations such as injuries occur, the tournament
committee will allow dialogue for possible team changes. Please promptly
notify the SCKO Competition Committee of any team changes. The SCKO
Competition Committee has the right to decline any team changes after the
tournament deadline date.
- Tournament rounds will be held in round robin (as necessary), followed by
- The individual match is conducted according to SANBON-SHOBU, and the chief
judge will announce its duration at the opening ceremony.
- If no winner is determined within the duration, a draw (HIKI-WAKE) will be
- Determination of the winning team will be made in the following order of
A) Highest number of individual winners
B) If the number of individual winners is the same, the highest number of
C) Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (daihyo-sen,
shobu) between chosen representatives of each team will determine the winning
SCKF home page